Advice for daughters camera (8 years old)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
small planes
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Advice for daughters camera (8 years old)
5 months ago

I'd like to get my daughter a new camera.
she got her current Fuji film point and shoot for her 3rd birthday, and was tools that she must be careful and look after it. She has, and it still works, but the image quality of the photos out of it is somewhat poor, and I think she could learn properly now.
I have a D7100, which replaced my D50, which i also still have, and which also still works. my daughter doesn't want that, a its to big/heavy in her opinion.
She thinks that she wants and ilc, although I'm not sure she needs different lenses yet, however given how long the last camera lasted maybe...

Three cameras I've identified are Lumix LX5, A Nikon V1 (the original one used) and Olympus OM-D, probably an M5.

I've always been an SLR user, since about age 10, so I've not used little cameras.
We'll go try to find them in a shop to try, but camera shops are somewhat rare nowadays

Opinions and other possible suggestions please. I've not set a budget yet, but under £600 would be where I'm aiming, significantly under would of course be nice...

Dave

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow