Upgrade from Canon 1000D (EOS Rebel XS / Kiss F Digital)

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeppe_K
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
Upgrade from Canon 1000D (EOS Rebel XS / Kiss F Digital)
2 months ago

Hello,

I feel like I'm in need of a new body, as the poor handling of high ISO ruins most of the shots I take in low light (forests or in morning/evening). I usually shoot in AV mode.

My main interst is landscape, flora and fauna, so I do some hiking and I don't always have time to set up a tripod and therefor is required to shoot handheld.

I don't really need the features of GPS, WIFI and video in the camera, just a camera with good image quality and handles ISO better than my current one.

I've been looking at the 7D and 60D, but can't say how good they are for my field of interest.
My budget is around the price point of those two, wheres as the 7D is in the high end of my budget.

Sometimes I don't even bring my tripod with my, because it just takes too long to set up.
It's an old aluminium tripod with some annoying screws for adjusting the legs and with a pan and tilt head (w/o quick release).

I've considered upgrading this too, maybe to a Sirui carbon fiber one. One that have legs that can go out to about 80 degrees and with an invertible center column. Maybe around 400-550$, might go a little higher.

Jeppe_K's gear list:Jeppe_K's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 1000D (EOS Rebel XS / Kiss F Digital)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow