Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 18,035Gear list
Like?
Re: Gotta agree with Mark.....
In reply to The Davinator, 5 months ago

Dave Luttmann wrote:

I found that I started getting decent results with Fuji Reala and Kodak PMC...up to 8x10. Times have really changed. Portra 160 and Ektar 100 give me superb 8x10 prints...even 11x14. While contrasty, Ilford Pan F is gorgeous rated at 25 in Perceptal. I get great 16x20 prints from 35mm with it that while having apparent grain, are beautiful...and the clients have liked thrm.

I don't remember when those films came out.  I stopped doing "paid for" work in the late 70's.   I do know that the later films were much, much better.  From what I remember, some photographers were using 35mm film for weddings, but always with flash; such that slow film could be used. They also used monster Honeywell "potato masher" flashes with GN of 120 or some such thing.  Pastors were much more amenable to use of flash in those days because I suppose there was no other way to do it!

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow