Deciding factors between X-A1, X-M1, and X-E1 (construction, features)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OrdinarilyInordinate
Contributing MemberPosts: 550Gear list
Like?
Deciding factors between X-A1, X-M1, and X-E1 (construction, features)
3 months ago

I'm getting one of these cameras shortly and have been reading about them a lot, including various reviews and searching this subforum, as well as looking at image samples on flickr. Some things are still not clear to me, as I'm seeing conflicting information...

* Is A1's body made of metal top and bottom (the silver parts) or is that silver-toned/painted plastic?

* Same for E1 and M1?

* Is A1 more responsive in terms of image preview and menu changes versus E1, that's considered a bit slow in that respect (but okay with auto-focus with the latest firmware)?

* I can't decide if A1 (in some exotic color like red + silver) for $400 is what I should go for instead of the older, larger, heavier, and with some sluggishness in controls X-E1 for $650. The X-E1 does have the nicer kit lens and an EVF going for it though will also probably take more work in post-processing--I do love accurate colors but I also love them vibrant, Sigma DP Merrill-style. A1/M1 have the tilting screen, so the lack of EVF is maybe not as bad given that option.

OrdinarilyInordinate's gear list:OrdinarilyInordinate's gear list
Samsung NX300M Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +3 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow