Flat view
africawild
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Battery life of SB-700 in a wireless Multiflash system
5 months ago

Hi everyone,

I use a Nikon D5300.

I am planning to setup three SB-700 in a wireless multiflash system in order to do some camera trapping (wildlife research).

I was first recommended to use SB-28 with cables but; although the Sb-28 is fairly cheap, it adds up with all the extra accessories (AS-10; SC-18...), especially when everything has to be delivered in Africa. And in the end, I would much prefer to work without cables, because in the area where I carry out my research, baboons notice very quickly that there is something new in the landscape, and they are very destructive.

So, I am now considering using SB-700 in a wireless mode. The difference of price with the SB-700 is not so huge.

But the main question is, how long will the batteries work for?

Obviously it will depends on the temperature and on the number of animals walking around... but what would be a rough estimate?

I am interested in the more cryptic animals and the cameras should stay out for days, if not weeks. I could go change the batteries but I cannot go too often, otherwise the game might not use the trail as often, due to human disturbance. I work in an area where predators are persecuted.

Any hep/advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow