Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
azguy
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,138
Like?
A photographer has to be flexible!
4 months ago

I shot a paid event at a local hotel last weekend. I was hired to "document" the event.

When I got there, they said, "No flash." Okay, D7100 and f4/f5.6 to the rescue!

During one session a speaker said, "No filming," which I didn't hear, because I was focused on taking photos. A lady walked up, put a piece of paper in front of my lens and said, "He said no filming!!" Wow! I felt like a criminal! (I left and came back for another session.)

Then it was, "No photos of the speakers, while speaking, just before they start and afterwards." Okay, did that too.

Next, "No photos while they are on the stand, only when they move off to the side." Okay, whatever.

Finally, it was, "No walking around, you are only allowed to take photos from a tripod, and just before and after the talks."

Well, I did that too, and the final results were limited as you might expect. (Why did they hire me?)

Sigh, you have to be flexible. Oh well, I got paid. Apparently they had not hired a photographer in the past and this was new territory for them.

I think I might tweak my engagement contract a bit.

This image is typical of the noise from the D7100 at ISO3200. Best you can do in these cases. I will do some noise processing before delivering the images. At least I had a D7100!!  This was with the 17-55mm 2.8, which performs pretty nicely on the D7100.

You have a similar experience you would like to share?

-- hide signature --

JohnE

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow