Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Omexis
Regular MemberPosts: 425Gear list
Like?
5DM3 With Tamron 150-600 (Red Arrows)
5 months ago

After owning the Tamron for a couple of weeks I was thrilled to hear about the Red Arrows performing 2 miles away from where I live and thought it would be a perfect opportunity to try my new lens out!

I am new to photography of flight shows and it was at 6pm with a slight overcast hazy day, so I stuck the camera into manual and set the shutter speed to 1/1600, f/8 aperture and auto ISO.

When I got home I reviewed the pictures and realized that having VC on was not a good idea for fast panned shots. Most of the quick pan shots were blurry in detail and wasn't sure if my shutter speed was set high enough. If VC was off would I have gotten sharper shots at my set shutter speed?

Anyway after going through the pictures I managed to get a few decent ones!

Higher resolution (with EXIF) and more photos are found on my flickr.

This lens is phenomenal for the price, and better when I work out the quirks.

-- hide signature --
 Omexis's gear list:Omexis's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS 5D Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow