Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trizity
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Aviation photos
5 months ago

so I am an avgeek (aviation geek) and my subject of choice to photograph are aircraft, the bigger the better. I've taken some very nice shots with my NEX-5N with the 18-200mm and my biggest problem was missing some shots due to the focus speed of the 5N. Hey, I'll upgrade to the a6000 with it's faster focus in an attempt to get more quality shots.

After a bit of shooting, I've had very mixed results with the a6000. A large majority of my shots are good but not excellent. I define excellent by my ability to see in sharp detail the ID numbers on the aircraft, front and rear (typically).

My best shots with the 5N were using the landscape mode as opposed to shutter priority. I've been trying the shutter mode with AF-C with mostly poor results.

My question is this: is the focus so good on the a6000 that with a large subject (like a plane) that the camera is picking, say the wingtip for the focus point, which is blurring, ever so slightly, the fuselage of the aircraft?

Trizity's gear list:Trizity's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +1 more
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TCsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow