More RX10 shots from Harambe and Flame Tree (imgs)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,874Gear list
Like?
More RX10 shots from Harambe and Flame Tree (imgs)
3 months ago

Just wanted to add a few more of last week's Disney vacation photos with the RX10, from around Animal Kingdom theme park - both the new Harambe village sections which were just opened in the past few weeks, and the beautiful Flame Tree BBQ area, which is about the most beautiful setting you could ask for a restaurant outdoor seating area!  Plus a couple of other shots from other Disney areas thrown in for fun...

One of the best ways to get around the vast Disney World properties is by boat - Disney has dozens of boat routes to various resorts and theme parks - here, I'm on the boat from Magic Kingdom to the Fort Wilderness Campground, which is where I was staying

An in-camera HDR, set to level 3, of the bridge in Animal Kingdom that takes you to the Asia section, with the Everest ride looming in the background.

Standing in the newly built section of 'Harambe' village, the African section of Animal Kingdom park - the Disney imagineers are very adept at making a brand new section feel like it's been there for decades!  This is looking towards the 'original' section of Harambe

This is the newly built theater for their Lion King show...it's built to look like an old adobe fort, blending into the rest of the village architecture, and hiding the huge theater inside

Standing in front of the theater, looking back to the Harambe bridge, and Everest in the distance - in-camera HDR

This is part of the old structure in Harambe, which used to be hidden far in the back and rarely seen - but with the new theater area it's now in the open - this is an in-camera HDR at 4 (thunderstorm looming in the background)

This is one of 8 or so covered pavilion seating areas scattered among Asian ruins and jungle, that make up the seating areas for the Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom - it's also filled with birds, lizards, ducks, squirrels, etc - quite a beautiful and natural place (in-camera HDR 4)

More views of the Flame Tree seating area - in the middle is a beautiful pond amid 'old' ruins, with the full canopy of jungle all around, different levels, stairs, etc - it's quite the peaceful oasis (in-camera HDR 4)

Entrance gates to the Animal Kingdom park as I was leaving - it was growing darker, and a huge thunderstorm was approaching behind me - had to use the in-camera HDR to control the skies

One of the 'other' shots - this is New York street in Hollywood Studios - I decided to give it a tone-mapped look in post processing, because the street here is only about 40 feet long and ends in a cardboard backdrop of buildings - gritting up the shot make the backdrop look a little more believable

Comments, questions, critique welcomed as always.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow