Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photoad
Contributing MemberPosts: 570Gear list
Like?
Expecting a great deal of flack, D810: no RAW converters
5 months ago

I just PX'ed a D800 for the D810, the shutter volume was the clincher for me.

Having used the camera the JPGS are outstanding.  I never shoot JPG but these are good.  AF seems to be spot on too, a lens that I was seriously considering sending off for adjustment is miraculously sharp again.   Even the HDR seems to be useable.

The camera is a little buggy, the gridline display switched itself off and reappeared when I turned the camera OFF.

But I had not realised that Nikon have not updated Capture NX2 for this camera.  NX2 supports the 610, 800 and the D4.  So what is the problem?  (Yes I do know Google have bought NIK)

A digital camera is part of a system and NX-D is hardly a viable piece of software.  Whereas NX2 produced the goods.  ACR, Capture 1 and DXO are my other favourites, but right now, none of them work.  moan, moan, moan

Expecting flack because I should have realised that early adopters always pay extra and get less, and I have seen a thread which descended into chaos on a similar subject.    I have not been on this site for  a while so maybe this has already been done to death.

But I wanted a month with the camera before I use it seriously and August is my quiet time.  Would have been nice to learn the best way to process these RAWS before September.  Would have been better if Nikon put the whole package together.  It is an awesome camera that needs support.

photoad's gear list:photoad's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow