Nikon D810 Initial Hands On - Is It still All About Lens's?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeffrey Lubeck
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
Nikon D810 Initial Hands On - Is It still All About Lens's?
5 months ago

The release of the D810 camera from Nikon corporation has further cemented my belief - it is all about the lens.  Your thoughts?

Do not conclude that I think the D810 is not worth every penny of today's dollar - doing so would incorrect. The D810 shines on many fronts and delivers as promised. However, the D810 proves to be a bargain given I took the time to establish and invest in quality lens's that work best in the settings and conditions in which I shoot - probably long before this camera body was considered.

I am pleased that Nikon is selling a digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera body for semi-professionals/professionals for a few thousand dollars with specifications that were nowhere close to being available a few years ago. Yet, what excites me is that I could purchase the camera body without the need to buy a single new lens to enjoy its capabilities to the fullest. Thank you Nikon, and to the professionals on this site providing Sage advise, and (good or bad) commentators on the web such Ken Rockwell.

For most; the quicker, faster, better sell associated with the D810 is not applicable. However, if your photography demands are of the highest nature (of which only you can truly establish and justify) the D810 could be a great choice.

I have included a link to some background and early photos.

www.jefflubeck.net

-- hide signature --

Jeffrey Lubeck

Jeffrey Lubeck's gear list:Jeffrey Lubeck's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +2 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow