ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dannybgoode
Contributing MemberPosts: 829Gear list
Like?
Which second body as a back up?
4 months ago

Hi all

I have inherited my dads 5D3 plus a stack of decent lenses and have been thinking about moving toward making some money from photography for some time (don't worry, I am working through proper business plans etc, I ain't going to jump into anything on a whim).

I also have a Fuji X Pro 1 with the 18mm and 35mm which I am going to keep as its size has certain advantages in still he situations and the 35mm is great for close up work in particular.

Finally I have an Olympus OM-D E-M10 which I bought as I could find a P&S camera that I was happy with so this is my take anywhere, shoot the family etc kit. However I am thinking of selling this to get a second Canon body so sweet events I can have my 70-200 IS L II on the 5D and a Tamron 24-70 on the second body.

Going APSC also makes sense when just out taking photos as it will give me more reach with the 70-200 and also the 300mm I have.

So the choice comes down to a 7D and there are some sensational prices on new ones in the UK at the moment or a 70D or even 60D.

I don't care about video and the body will mainly be used as per the above as a second to go with the 5D3. I won't be able to afford a 7D2 if it ever comes so which would be better suited 7D or 70D.

At the stage I am erring towards the 7D due to the similarity of the control layout but is there anything compelling about the 70D I should consider?

Thanks for your help.

-- hide signature --
 dannybgoode's gear list:dannybgoode's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +7 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow