e-m1 firmware upgrade and performance with specific lenses ( 12-60mm and 50-200mm mk1 )

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phrenzy
Regular MemberPosts: 204Gear list
Like?
e-m1 firmware upgrade and performance with specific lenses ( 12-60mm and 50-200mm mk1 )
5 months ago

I was hoping someone could give me some advice... im going on my first holiday in many years soon and luckily I have just bought a new E-m1 which I couldn't be happier with but now I'm trying to figure out what I should bring with me. I'll probably end up taking the e-m1, 12-60 and 50-200mm mk1 (with mmf-3) I just bought and possibly some film gear if I have space.

Anyhow my question stems from the fact that I've heard mixed things about the v1.4 firmware upgrade and what it might do to the auto focus for these two specific lenses. I've heard that generally speaking the auto focus is much improved as well as shutter shock through some new features and that it's good all round but some of the threads I've read indicate that some possible niggles with these two lenses.

I'm leaving so enough that I'm worried I won't have time to do anything about it if I do have problems is all.

Given that I'm currently happy with how it performs with my 12-60mm and that I havnt yet got the 50-200mm in the post should I just leave it alone until I get back?

Can anyone who uses these lenses tell me how they gave found the upgrade?

Not directly related because I'm probably going to leave them behind, but has anyone found good improvement with the 11-22mm abd 14-54mm mk1?

phrenzy's gear list:phrenzy's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-410 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-520 +13 more
Nikon 1 V1 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow