ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dgumshu
Contributing MemberPosts: 938Gear list
Like?
Canon 100-400mm L Super Deal!
Jul 30, 2014

Keep an eye out for Craigslist deals...

I know the new 100-400 ll will be announced soon and I really wasn't planning on buying the current model... until I spotted this one on Craigslist. The date code is "UZ" and it was manufactured in 2011. It's in like new condition. I took some test shots with it before buying it and was blown away... sharp, sharp, sharp. I walked away with it for $850.

Rumor is that the new ll models will be in the $2300-$2400 range. I suspect that may be to allow Canon time to sell off existing inventory. Anyway, I was jazzed to find this one for nearly 1/2 retail price. Used, they average $1050 - 1150 or more on Ebay. However, Ebay sellers have to try to make up for exorbitant Ebay and Pay Pal fees totaling just over 13%. I occasionally sell on Ebay and I get hammered with these outrageous fees.

As the 100-400 ll models are released, we may see some great deals on the current models.

Happy hunting.

dgumshu's gear list:dgumshu's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +16 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow