Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens on a Fujifilm X body (like X-A1) - comments?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OrdinarilyInordinate
Regular MemberPosts: 449Gear list
Like?
Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens on a Fujifilm X body (like X-A1) - comments?
2 months ago

I'm fairly set to get a Fujifilm X-A1 (or X-M1) in the near future and already own a 35mm f/1.8 Nikon DX prime lens that I'm considering using in combination with Fuji for a while.  At least because Fujinon primes are VERY expensive.

Is anyone here successfully using Nikkor DX primes with their Fuji camera?  If so, do you have any comments on performance and favorite adapters?  Preferably on the cheap (I know some adapters go for over $100).

I'm also curious how the 16-50mm Fuji kit lens compares to Nikkor's 35mm f/1.8G DX in terms of sharpness--photos from X-A1 and X-M1 using that kit lens have looked very sharp so far on the images I've browsed through here and on flickr.  Really the main reason I'm looking to keep that prime in rotation is for low light conditions.  Perhaps the 16-50mm Fuji kit lens will be almost as good in most other cases.

OrdinarilyInordinate's gear list:OrdinarilyInordinate's gear list
Samsung NX300M Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow