Just how drastic is performance difference between the D5200 and the D7000?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
traptack
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Just how drastic is performance difference between the D5200 and the D7000?
3 months ago

Main Question

I know the D5200 is newer than the D7000, meaning a better sensor, video recording capabilities and better camera capture/color accuracy but I hear that once you understand the D7000 body, it can possibly outperform the D5200.

But if you pit two people together, one knowing how to use the D5200 to it's full extent and the other the D7000, will you really notice a vastly difference in performance?

what's important to me is color accuracy, clarity, and low noise.

I'm in the market for a DSLR, up to this point i've only been using point and shoots. I just want something I could use for a few years before I save up and/or decide I want a higher tier camera.

Now what do I intend to shot with the Dslr?

Low light scenes

Still shots of scenery and self/expressive portraits

Close ups/Macro photography

I kind of like that the D7000 is weather sealed but do they sell cases/skins for the D5200?

Now why only the D700 or D5200? I did a few hours of research that lead me to forums on here, reddit, etc and it seems to come down to these two.

Other questions:

Now if you have another camera recommendation let me know. Otherwise my price range is 400-600. strongly leaning more towards the 400-550 range. I'm looking used/refurbished. And if anyone has tips on the best time/season for big discounts let me know. thanks!

Nikon D5200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow