Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KM141
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
A 28mm MF lens on SD1M that does not have green corners
2 months ago

For those MF lens lovers using SD1/SD1M are always perplexed by the problem of green corners with lenses of focal lengths shorter than 50mm. I have tried almost all suggestions available on the net, which did give some improvements, yet the problem is not totally solved.These suggestions include reinstallation of the SD1 V1.04 firmware, setting the aperture to f4 or smaller in A mode, as well as by using focaus confirm mounts, setting the 8th generation pcb chip to f4 aperture and shorter than 18mm in focal length, so as to cheat the camera. In the end I use a very stupid method, i. e., to try every wide angle MF lenses in my collection one by one, and finally I find a 28mm lens that does not have green corners. This is the Vivitar S1 28/1.9, and here's the result:

Vivitar S1 28/1.9 on SD1M (my SD1M is moded to EOS mount, with focus confirm chip set to f5.6, 9mm. The actual aperture used is f4. Firmware  is SD1 V1.14, the newest one.)

Sigma SD1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow