Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Murdey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,526Gear list
Like?
K-3 questions (grip, IQ)
4 months ago

I had the chance to pick up a K-3 recently in the store, with the K-5ii side by side.

It was strange, my fingers informed me of a massive improvement in the ergonomics of the handgrip, but my eyes could not for the life of me make out any difference in the grip shape at all. The two cameras seem to be nearly identical, physically.

What's up with that? What's changed?

Second point, in going from K-5, K-5ii, K-5iis, and K-3 what really is the difference in image quality? Please don't quote me DxO numbers, DR stops, etc. I mean in terms of the actual photos: the color palette, WB defaults, subtle "look" of the noise reduction and rendering engine.

Now that the K-5 is well into old age and we can critique it with a more open mind, what are the real world improvements if any?

Richard Murdey's gear list:Richard Murdey's gear list
Nikon D40 Pentax K10D Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +7 more
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow