ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaveKSLC
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Further tales of woe with Spencer's Camera, Utah
5 months ago

This all just seems so Kafka-esque....

I dropped off a couple lenses to be repaired last March.... that is March 2013! They told me a month or so to fix. One was a nikon 80-200 thatfell and the focus was rough.... and the other a nikon 18-200 that I just wanted cleaned up.

So starting in April, I started contacting to see when I should go down and pick the lenses up. I started with an occasional e-mail. After 2-3, and getting NO response- I started calling... and texting. And still NO RESPONSE!

Finally I went in and talked to Pixels Camera (a local, REAL camera store!), and they said this did not sound like Spencers, so keep trying.

So, I FINALLY got a text response in July (of 2013). He said he was sorry, but he was waiting for a part from Nikon, and it should be done in a week.

And that was the last I heard from Spencers!

I e-mailed in January... February, March. Nothing. Forgot about it for a while.... and then decided that enough is enough. So I sent some more e-mails over the last week.... and STILL nothing from Spencers...

So, I just filed a small claims affidavit against Spencers. We'll see if this causes some action.

I really do not know how good Spencers' work is. But their customer service is SO HORRIBLE I would just recommend you not try and find out. I mean a year and a half is just inexcusable.... and only one text??? Just not good!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow