Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raven Falls
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
Does DxO Optics import DNG?
2 months ago

I installed the trial version of Optics Pro 9.5.1, and was surprised to notice that I couldn't load any of my collection of some 20K DNG files.  I opened a case with their support desk, and got the flat answer that Optics Pro doesn't work with DNG files, period.  This strikes me as rather odd, since they mention DNG files several times in their documentation, and their release notes even mention now being able to use Pentax K-3 DNG files.  Also, they make a big deal about their seamless integration with Lightroom, which would seem to be a lot less-than-seamless if they can't handle DNG.  From people's experience here, does Optics Pro work with your DNG files, or not?

(I can understand if the explanation was that they didn't support DNG from my Sony A-77 -- although it seems to me that's a pretty big oversight, if they support the K-3 -- but the way it was expressed to me was that Optics Pro was simply not compatible with any DNG format, by design.)

Raven Falls's gear list:Raven Falls's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +5 more
DxO Optics Pro Elite Pentax K-3 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow