For those concerned about OIS on the 16-55...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jerry-astro
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,975Gear list
Like?
For those concerned about OIS on the 16-55...
2 months ago

I was just browsing the new Fuji magazine and near the front, there's a visual of their entire camera and lens product line with descriptions. When I tapped on the placeholder outline that represented the upcoming 16-55, here's the description that popped up:

Note that OIS is clearly shown in that description. While I'm not a potential customer for this lens (the 18-55 nicely meets my needs), I know many folks here were pretty upset when the updated roadmap didn't show OIS for this lens. While the roadmap itself hasn't changed, this would seem to clarify that point somewhat. It never made sense to me (and many others it would seem) that Fuji would simply remove OIS from this lens. It sure looks like this was simply a clerical omission from the roadmap. While I'm not 100% sure that this is absolutely definitive, it seems close though, IMHO.

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow