Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hikerdoc
Regular MemberPosts: 427Gear list
Like?
Warranty Card and Nikon service
4 months ago

I recently received a lens back from Nikon after warranty repair of focus motor. The lens was covered under the extended portion of the warranty. Repair was quick, no questions or suggestions of impact damage, etc, and arrived cleaned and carefully packaged. This was my first exposure to Nikon service and I was pleased given some of the threads to the contrary I have read over the years.

I noted in a call to Nikon that warranty card and ESC card were not returned with the lens. I was told that it would be adviseable to send copies rather than originals, as they will not be returned. In any event, I am told that the copies I saved and the original bill of sale are sufficient should I need service before warranty expires in 5 months.

The lesson being: Send a copy of warranty cards and not the originals even though the cards state that service will not be provided without submission of the card.

hikerdoc's gear list:hikerdoc's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow