Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,415Gear list
Like?
Recent vacation - Lack of 'real' cameras was suprising
3 months ago

I got back from a vacation trip to Boston and NYC recently and I was really surprised just how FEW traditional cameras (even small point and shoot) I saw.  The only place I saw a more consolidated collection of cameras was on a whale watching tour and most of those were lower end DSLR.   Around town and all the usual tourist places like the Freedom Trail, Central Park, Rockfeller Center and Empire State observatories, USS Intrepid, etc, etc....it was just about all mobile phones being used for photos.

Again, I was really surprised.   I thought I'd see a lot more regular cameras of various types.  I hardly saw anyone carrying a regular camera.

Just thought I'd share my observation.

You do tend to see more regular cameras in places like national parks since those tend to attract more photography enthusiasts shooting landscapes and wildlife.

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
2014New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow