Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
seventh son
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Yet another full frame vs crop sensor question :
5 months ago

Probably been asked before, maybe not in this exact way. I am considering upgrading glass for my crop sensor DSLR and hope to see an improvement in sharpness. Here is the question : All things being equal (and I mean ALL things i.e. megapixels, lens quality .... everything) would the average viewer be able to tell the difference between two landscape shots enlarged to 20 X 30 as viewed from average comfortable viewing distance. I'm certain there are those here that would scrutinize the two shots and make the determination, but the average viewer (or buyer at an art show) is my reference point. If it would be blatantly obvious to most anyone with decent eyesight, then I may consider moving to full frame. If we're talking ever so slight .... I've got access to better glass at a good price, if it's night and day then .... different story. I know what the stats say on test sites and full frame is technically sharper, just want real-world examples ........

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow