12-40 with dtc and 40-150 comparison, at 80 mm

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
MatsP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,165Gear list
Like?
Re: Sorry, but this is not a valid comparison.
In reply to daddyo, 5 months ago

Sorry MatsP, regardless of what the causes are, the images you posted are both very soft.

Whether your E-M5 has a problem, whether you moved enough during exposure to create softness, whether you have two soft samples of both lenses, whatever the cause might be, I still consider your images soft. They are not representative of what the E-M5 and these two lenses are capable of.

Your photos need to please you, not me. If you do not even own a tripod, you are ignoring what is normally considered an essential piece of photographic gear -- because it is the only, truly reliable image stabilization method commonly used. Again, whether you choose to use one or not is strictly your decision, but that decision doesn't change reality.

I didn't post this to offend you, and apologize if I have -- I'm just stating what I know to be true, and posted honest examples that I think support that.

-- hide signature --

God Bless,
Greg
www.imagismphotos.com
www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com
www.pbase.com/daddyo

No problem Greg!

Those photos were never meant to please either myself or anyone else, just to give a hint what a dtc might be able to. As subjects they are of course very uninteresting but they provide some sharp egdes, leaves and other things I thought could be a little challenge. That's all.

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Canon Pixma MG8150 DxO Optics Pro Standard +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow