Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Conor OBrien
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
Re: 12-32 vs 14-42 (ii) vs 14-45
In reply to kwunyin, 5 months ago

kwunyin wrote:

Hman83 wrote:

Sure, if the 12mm is worth the extra 100 EUR then why not? But lets not stop there....which it looks like the OP certainly did not haha!

12mm is great for landscapes. Maybe that's valuable for the OP. The 12-32mm is also very compact making it highly portable.

Conor OBrien wrote:

To update everyone - I did not buy either of the 3. I am still getting along with just my 5 and 20mm 1.7.

I do still want to buy a zoom lens for convenience, but I want my zoom to be of similar quality to my primes. I don't want to take a photograph with a zoom and later regret not taking the same photo with a higher quality prime.

So, in that case, I am leaning towards the more expensive 12-35mm zoom. Due to its price, I am just waiting and waiting for it to lower to a more affordable price.

-- hide signature --

Would that be that great? I mean, that would render your primes pretty useless. I've heard people who have O12-40 end up selling their primes, unless portability was a concern. I'm not sure if it is of concern to you.

I would plan to use the primes if I was going lightweight, as a walkabout lens or if I needed those extra stops of light.

-- hide signature --
 Conor OBrien's gear list:Conor OBrien's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow