Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AlissaJ
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Canon ELPH 340 or S110?
2 months ago

As an addendum to my previous thread in which I was asking about a very simple, image-stabilized PAS for a friend (who is not tech-savvy!) I called B&H to ask about some of the recommendations.

Of course everyone has their own opinions about PAS, and the rep I spoke with said he would either go with a Canon ELPH 340 or S110. His opinion was that the difference between the two is barely noticeable to a novice.

My further research found that the ELPH has more zoom but the S110 does much better in low-light situations. I'm not sure which is simpler, and if the S110 touch screen would be a help or hindrance to someone who doesn't do well with electronics.

If money isn't an issue (which it really isn't for her), what would you recommend given the above criteria? (Simple and image stabilization are most important.)

Thank you!

Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 Canon PowerShot S110
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow