Heavy Load test on A77 Mk2 (2days 70k shoots)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lhkjacky
Regular MemberPosts: 296Gear list
Like?
Heavy Load test on A77 Mk2 (2days 70k shoots)
3 months ago

After reading many review, I finally upgrade my A77 to A77 Mk2 last week.

I have just test my A77 ii in an event for 2 days(About 7~10hrs per days).

The 1st days I shoot about 7hours time, and it used up 2.5 full charged batteries

The 2nd days I shoot about 10hours time, and I used up all my 4 full charged batteries.

On the 1st day I shoot about 27k photos and 42k photos on the 2nd day.

First Impression,

The bigger buffer and much improved AF really help a lots.

The custom mode in dial with lock, the Auto ISO in M-mode, the focus range limit also very helpful.

I highly suggest that the current A77 user should upgrade to A77 ii.

However I still finds some minor problem in the A77ii, which should be able to solve by firmware.

First, the multi-segment metering some what unpredictable,

Generally, i only use center, spot metering or manual mode.

But in the last event, I tried to test the new A77ii, to see how much has been improved in the multi-segment metering mode in the first few hours, and sadly it is still unpredictable, and I have to switch back to manual mode. (Lucky there are 3 custom mode in dial :P)

PS: I understand that many factors will affect the metering, but I believe that it can be much better if Sony want to solve it.

Second, It is a bit slow when switching the between the custom mode, and the pop up black screen really annoying.

and there are still some lag when changing setting by front/rear dial, especially the camera is writing file and nearly no response when the buffer is full.

Third, when buffer is full and keep shooting for a period of time many weird behavior happen.

1st, switch the mode dial to other mode, but the mode didnt change.

2nd, rotate the front/rear dial to change setting, totally no response.

3rd, my 64g sandisk extreme pro 95mb/s, shoot about 200photos and suddenly the camera said the card is full. I replug the card again, the camera said the card is damaged,

I replug the card again, the camera said the card is full then I format the card and every back normal.

4th, camera suddenly no response for about 10 sec, I can see the AF green box is still focusing but all the buttons include the shutter button has no response for a few seconds.

(this didnt occur on the 1st day, but the happened 3 times on the 2nd day)

(I heard that some people face a SSS error when buffer full, therefore I turn off the Steady w/ shutter at the instance I receive the camera, so I dont have any SSS error.)

lhkjacky's gear list:lhkjacky's gear list
Ricoh GR Sony Alpha DSLR-A350 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +9 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow