First day example from using Tamron SP 150 - 600 on a Nikon D610.

Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Douglas69
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
First day example from using Tamron SP 150 - 600 on a Nikon D610.
2 months ago

I finally found one of these very scarce lenses and bought it. From the first shot at 600 mm I discovered the weight was going to quickly test my strength if I intended to use it freehand.

My first real test of the lens was a football match last Sunday (27/7/2014) I used a monopod with the lens stabilizer switched off and the focus limiter engaged. For most of the day I found 400mm to be quite sufficient. The results I got are nothing short of spectacular. Partly due to the camera body (D610 Nikon) and partly due to to the lens itself. I briefly used the lens on my back up body a D7100 Nikon and found equally good results until I wound the zoom out to the full 600 mm -- 900 mm virtual. Not as good as with the FF camera but still quite usable.

The image below is for the most part unedited although I did use Lightroom to do something (I can't recall right now) I did not apply any sharpening. If anything I cropped the image and reduced the exposure by 1 stop. Something I'll look into the reason when I have time to discover why they were all over exposed. It could have been because I used my wedding camera which is set to over expose in compensation for some filters I use. Anyway... All theshots are this clear and sharp.

1/2500th wide open at f6.3, ISO 800. Although the EXIF shows 150mm focal length I was using 300mm

-- hide signature --

My first job interview didn't go well. They wanted someone with more experience. Fifty years later I've got that but things must have changed... Now they want someone younger! No need to wonder why I've never had a 'job'.

Douglas69's gear list:Douglas69's gear list
Nikon D610 Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +1 more
Douglas69's score
Average community score
Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow