Why high ISO capable cameras are favored.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
James Bligh
Senior MemberPosts: 1,523
Like?
Why high ISO capable cameras are favored.
3 months ago

Incidentally I have seen a TV documentary in which the realities of ‘house poor’ people are documented. The term ‘house poor’ is a poor English denoting a condition that the only asset is the house they live in, but the house is mortgaged and monthly payments for the loan exceed their income. So these house poor people are on the verge of bankruptcy and becoming a homeless.

There was a story of a family in which the elder son is studying in USA, parents have sent money to the son for 10 years but the son needs two more years to finish his Ph.D. and the parents no longer can afford sending money to their son. And the younger brother argues to the elder one saying that ‘After you finish your Ph.D. you’ll get a job in America and you will not support the parents.’ After family conflict the son returns to US and parents decide to sell the house to make money for him.

In Nikon FX forum there are clamors about newly announced D810. Those people take pictures of birds in flight with their new toy. Let them even take the pictures of Taj Mahal! In the above mentioned documentary there was a scene of the place in Seoul where laborers gather at the dawn to get a daily job in construction business. I want to take the photos of these people. I’ll take pictures of people in misery, sorrow, and torment. And I think a low pixel density high ISO capable camera is more suitable for this purpose. You may ask Jack Simpson and Ray Sachs their opinions in this regard.

-- hide signature --

I am a cosmic dust which happens to be a human.

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow