Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hans von der Crone
Senior MemberPosts: 2,364Gear list
Like?
5DIII > 7DMKII ?
5 months ago

I know the 7DII isn't exactly announced yet, but everyone knows it's coming. I had the 7D before and really loved it. Sold it, and 'upgraded' to the 5DIII. Fantastic camera of course, and got it paired now the 24-105L and the 70-200/F2.8 IS II. But somehow I never really fell in love with it. I now even rarely use it and tend to grab my RX100M3/A6000 (Sony's). Not sure why, of course the slr is bigger but I never got into it.

When browsing through my lightroom catalog, I always feel I like the pictures I got from the 7D+17-55IS a LOT more than what I'm getting from the 5DIII. Maybe that's because it was a F2.8 lens, although the 24-105/F4 should be about the same on a fullframe. But somehow, for me, it isn't.

Adding that I rarely do (paid) photowork any longer, so investing in very heavy, expensive FF glass isn't exactly an option. I'm very much considering to sell the whole set and wait for the 7DII to arrive and couple that with the 17-55IS I loved and maybe get the Sigma 50mm/1.8 ART for indoor shots. I don't need the reach of the 70-200 anymore (no more weddings).

What do you guys think? A good choice, or stupid?

Hans von der Crone's gear list:Hans von der Crone's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow