How many FF lenses do you need?

Started Jul 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nordstjernen
Nordstjernen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,876
How many FF lenses do you need?

How many lenses do you really need? I mean, the lenses you are using on a daily basis, and not the exlusive ones you are using with adapters now and then, or maybe twice a year.

Soon there will be FE lenses from ultra-wide to telephoto, and I am pretty sure that nobody will buy them all. And more will come, also real telephoto lenses when the autofocus system is more mature, I would guess.

For my own work I use a ultra wide prime (Voigtländer 21 mm f:4), a moderate wideangle lens (Zeiss 35 mm f:2.8) and the FE 70-200 mm f:4 telezoom lens. This is what I use. Actually I don't miss much when I am out working with the camera.

When back home, surfing on the web, it is so easy to add lenses and other accessories to my whish list, even when I don't miss these items when actually using the camera! Probably I will replace the ultra wide with a native Sony/Zeiss prime when such a lens is launched (less vignetting, better sharpness), and maybe I will add a bright prime. Maybe. But that's it. Dreaming about more lenses doesn't add anything to my photography.

I also do some sunset photography, then older lenses and telescopes comes in handy, working darn well with an adapter. But this isn't the lenses I use daily.

Sure, people could say a lot about different needs and so on, and argue that a lot of native FE lenses is needed, but that is a different discussion.

So, what is the 'bread and butter'-lenses for your A7 series camera?

Nordstjernen's gear list:Nordstjernen's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow