Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nick in Knox
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Need help, options other than RX100 series
5 months ago

Hi, I'm new here and would love a bit of help.  I'm looking to replace my old point and shoot, or compact camera before an upcoming trip over seas.  I know I want good quality optics, good low light capability, and ability to fit it in my pockets.  I would also like to have some sort of wifi or NFC, but don't need long zoom or view finder for this camera.  This has brought me to the RX100 mark 2...and a few questions.

Assuming I purchase the Mark 2, can anyone confirm that it will work with the Mudder wired intervalometer for time lapse?  Sorry if that one was too detailed.  I'm interested in time lapse, but its not a requirement.

The other questions are really just a your opinion...

In the price range of the rx100 m2, is there something else I should be looking at considering the features I've listed above.

And considering the above features, and my wallet, what good options are there for the sub $400 range?  For example I've also been looking at the Samsung EX2F.

A huge thanks for any insight you can share and time you can spare to help me out.  I've not really looked at cameras for many years and feel way behind.

ANSWER:
Samsung EX2F Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow