Sony AWB E-mount color adjustments - Do you adjust and how?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PVCdroid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,173Gear list
Like?
Sony AWB E-mount color adjustments - Do you adjust and how?
5 months ago

I'm curious if anyone that has NEX or AXXX and one of the A7 cameras sees differences with Auto White Balance. It seems like there are slight temperature differences. I'm not talking about high ISO where color goes to hell but just normal low ISO shooting. I notice it with the 5N which has more of a warm look compared to the NEX-7 which has more of a cooler look and the A7/A7R which is somewhere in between. I shoot raw but color adjustments via the ABGM color adjustment do flow to Lightroom. I frequently go on day trips and will shoot at least two cameras (my wife will have one) and would like to get them to be similar in white balance when using AWB. Adjusting them by sight hasn't been the most successful with my attempts.

Any suggestions for what you like and how you adjust for it between cameras or even if you only have one of the E-mount cameras and have AWB tweaked to your liking is appreciated.

Regards,

Pat

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow