Wanted, New line of lenses from Canon.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
BarnET
Senior MemberPosts: 1,877Gear list
Like?
Re: Wanted, New line of lenses from Canon.
In reply to thomasw333, 5 months ago

thomasw333 wrote:

Now that Canon has the SL1, and it has been a success from what I have seen. I would like to see Canon focus on a new line of lenses, EFS STM Value lens made for Crop bodies. It seems like most lenses from Canon are made with FF in mind, and Crop sensors just have to make do. But with the SL line and new smaller lense Canon can have a mirrorless fighter, without going mirrorless.

I want to see these lenses, all small, with OIS plastic body but good optics, and apertures from f1.8-2.

15MM = 24MM FF

That is very interesting

22MM = 35MM FF, just put the EOS M lens in a EFS body.

impossible due to flange distance. has to become an larger heavier retrofocal design.

32MM = 50MM FF

Sigma has an stellar 30mm f1.4 art for 500

20-60MM, this one should be f2.8-f4, and the kit lens on the SL2.

There is a better lens already available from sigma.

These are the lenses I want and I am sure you all want something also, but this gives traditional FOV options to crop sensor canons.

The 40MM pancake is has too narrow FOV for many people.

it's in the middle of nowhere really. to narrow for regular street and to wide for portraits. too slow too for an prime lens too.

Ring in with what lense you would like for your APS-C canon.

Also if I am way off base, and you can recommend a lens that covers these FOV let me know. They can be from other manufacturers but should be affordable, around $350 or less.

-- hide signature --

Lets promote calm rational arguments.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow