CANON POWERSHOT S120 vs CANON POWERSHOT G16 vs PANASONIC TZ60

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
BarnET
Senior MemberPosts: 1,502Gear list
Like?
Re: CANON POWERSHOT S120 vs CANON POWERSHOT G16 vs PANASONIC TZ60
In reply to whitehart7, 2 months ago

whitehart7 wrote:

please help me decide. Quality shots with a long focal lens in a compact body seems impossible. Where to compromise? My very old TZ copes well with well lit situations but always struggles with poorly lit events eg parties, concerts, shows, night landscapes etc. The 2 powershots will, I'm sure, deal admirably but neither has the longer lens capability of the TZ60. Will I be satisfied with the minimum 3.3f of the TZ?

The sensor is half the size too panasonic has 3 models that are much better without being much bigger.

The lx7 has an f1.4-2.3 lens fastest of all compacts with zoom

The gm-1 very small and an huge by comparison 43rd sensor

The lf-1 cheaper then the s120 while having an viewfinder and an substantial longer reach with no downsides in both aperture or sensor size

Will it have features to enable reasonable shots in low light situations? Is there someone out there to shout the praises of the two powershots to make me realise this is the route to take? Thanks in advance.

If you want low light just don't go for the power shots.

Original sony rx100 blows the s120 away at an very close price.

Lx7 is better at the long end and is cheaper

And there also low-end mirror less available that make the s120 pathetic value for low light shooting.

The nex 3 and olympus epm-2 come to mind.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow