V3 compared to old DSLR's

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
BarnET
Senior MemberPosts: 1,534Gear list
Like?
Re: V3 compared to old DSLR's
In reply to retro76, 3 months ago

retro76 wrote:

please don't read into DXO too much. There are countless issues with it's numbers, for instance color depth does not equal color accuracy and dynamic range doesn't tell you how much headroom is in the highlights vs the shadows. The only way to truely evaluate a camera is to take it into the field and shoot. I call tell you that my J3 files properly processed in Aperture are hard to discern from most DSLRs at lower ISOs, in fact compared to my Canon 60D, the J3 actually has better highlight headroom. Yes you can pixel peep to find differences, but side by side printed you could not discern images from the 1 inch sensor and a larger sensor under most conditions.

Yes let's compare the j3 to an 5 year old Apsc sensor that has about the quality of an d90 and let's call it good.

It's complete and total garbage in quality when compared to decent cheaper models that are available today and you know that too.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow