Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dg8r
Regular MemberPosts: 133
Like?
A6000 vs Nikon D100
4 months ago

Sounds weird and I am pretty sure I know what the answers will be but here goes.

I have been shooting a Nikon D100 for more years than I want to admit.  Is was the first and is the only digital camera I have ever owned.  I am looking at the A6000 and wondering if I can get as good a grip on it and can take a better picture than I can on my D100.  For those who do not know the D100 is a 6 megapixel APS-C sensor.

I would have to shell out $650 for the body and another $1,850 (taxes not included) to get the same lens line-up I have now.  I can, and would, slowly build up the lens collection.  But would the picture quality, lighter weight, etc. be worth it?

I annually take pictures of the children and classes of a private (church) school (Grades K4-9) I am associated with, am sometimes asked to take wedding pictures for church members who cannot afford the wedding photographers in our town, landscape (beach shots in town and mountains & valleys on vacations) and your basic snapshots around the house and at parties etc.

So, what do you think, is it worth the cost to trade up?

Nikon D100 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow