Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
luisflorit
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,953Gear list
Like?
Recommended EM1 video settings
4 months ago

Quite probably this has been asked before, but couldn't find a satisfactory answer, sorry for this.

Being a (reasonably) experienced 43rds user, my switch to m43rds has been smooth. After some pics I feel quite comfortable with the EM1. For stills. I've a few videos taken with my 43rd E5, but I never really tried hard to improve my videos.

I know that the EM1 is not the best video camera, but I want to try to get better video out of it.

The only thing I know is that it shoots at 30fps, so it is advised to set the shutter speed at 1/60s. But that's all. In particular I'm not sure when to enable IBIS, the impact of contrast and sharpening in IQ, etc, specific to the EM1.

After some time out, are there some consensus regarding this? Which are your experiences? Can you point me to some reading or thread?

Thanks!

L.

-- hide signature --
 luisflorit's gear list:luisflorit's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +3 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow