Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,898Gear list
Like?
E-M1 - How do you use the Lever Modes?
5 months ago

As I'm learning my E-M1, I reach points where I don't quite understand why certain things are the way they are. And the Lever position is the most puzzling to me. How do you use the lever modes? And what do you change/control with the different modes (especially mode 5)?

It seems to me this lever can quickly confuse you by resetting certain buttons and dial functions. Since changing the mode changes the button/dial functions, don't you get easily confused while shooting? There must be a good reason for this, but I haven't figured it out. I would appreciate hearing how you use this control. and especially when.

Both the manual and David Busch's book tell you what functions you can change, but not why. It would help my learning experience if I understood better why and how you use this feature.

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow