DNG files in Aperture - anyone having success??

Started Oct 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
Andrew Butterfield
Senior MemberPosts: 2,422Gear list
Like?
Re: DNG files in Aperture - anyone having success??
In reply to Wayne Brissette, 1 month ago

That said, I decided to try Capture One and I really like it. You might want to try their trial version and see if you think it might work for you. Not the solution to fixing the problem with Aperture, but better in my mind than paying Adobe.

I did try it but didn't like it much. It seemed a bit slow and clunky compared to Aperture and Lightroom on my pretty recent and well-specced  iMac, and I just didn't feel happy using it. I do like using Lightroom (my trial version has expired unfortunately) but having already bought Aperture and learned how to use it, I want to keep on doing that, which doesn't seem too much to ask. If Apple isn't going to bother with raw updates in future they should let us know and we can move on. They should have at least kept its DNG engine up to date while they do this transition.

-- hide signature --
 Andrew Butterfield's gear list:Andrew Butterfield's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow