Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,033Gear list
Like?
I went to Yellowstone today.
5 months ago

We just moved to Bozeman and I couldn't feel more blessed to live so close to such beauty. I left at 10 pm and slept in the back of my car in Lemar valley. I took some night sky photos when I arrived and got to sleep about 2am. Wow, on the K5iis ability to do astro. Way better than my E-1/E-3. Wish I had a good lens for this. I used my Tamron SP 35-70mm f2.8-3.8 at 35. My Zuiko 11-22mm would have been superior if it had a Pentax mount. The joy of owning two systems.

Woke up to the lights of wolf watchers at 5am. They are an interesting bunch--very dedicated and passionate--and a bit unique in their obsession, but yeah, we all have ours.

I hiked up the Lamar valley, dodging snoozing Bison. Took the specimen ridge trial to the ford on the river. There are lots of bear marks on trees by the river. I'll post those later. My wide angle camera is the E-1 with 11-22mm.

Everything else is with my K5iis and Tamron SP 300mm f2.8 + 1.4x.

http://wallygoots.smugmug.com/Favorite-Places/Yellowstone-2014/

Cheers,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow