Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jrkahuna
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
Thoughts on 20 mm f/2.8
2 months ago

During our recent trip to PA I found that I really enjoyed shooting landscapes with my 24-120 f/4. I have our annual Myrtle Beach coming up in a couple of weeks and I would like to go a bit wider than 24.

I thought about a wide zoom and was leaning toward the 17-35. Then I was thinking about the 20-35.

After er even more thought, I have 24-35 covered with my 24-120 so I don't see the benefit of duplicating that range (unless I am missing something)

So I am thinking about the 20 f/2.8. All of the reviews I have seen look good. The only thing troubling me is a comment I read on Ken Rockwell about its distortion. He seemed to indicate it was complex and not worth trying to correct in Photoshop.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I think this is a good first step into landscape without breaking the bank. Thanks

-- hide signature --

Life was a lot easier when I didn't give a crap what my pictures looked like

Jrkahuna's gear list:Jrkahuna's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow