Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lumigraphics
Senior MemberPosts: 1,191
Like?
Seeking wireless triggers recommendations
5 months ago

I am looking to upgrade my wireless triggers and want some recommendations and experiences.

I shoot with Canon DSLR gear and probably will not be using other camera brands any time soon. I rarely use speedlights (only have one Canon unit, a 430EX, and a pair of Sunpak 622's which I'm trying to sell) so I don't care about TTL capability- these will be used with Buff studio flashes indoors. I also don't care about remote triggering. I just need to fire studio lights, usually 1-3, and can use the optical slaves most of the time.

Currently, I'm using an old set of Cactus v2 triggers. I had a working set of v4 models but much of my gear was stolen last year, including both transmitters. I still have three v4 receivers, along with two v2 transmitters and three v2 receivers.

The v2 models have never been terribly reliable and the batteries can be hard to find. I was mostly happy with the v4 triggers but I can't just buy two more transmitters, apparently I have to buy a set. That would mean having two transmitters and five receivers, which I don't really need, and would cost me US$80.

I can also sell the v4 receivers and buy something else. I see people using Yungnuo, newer Cactus models, I think Neewer makes triggers, Buff, Pocket Wizards, etc.

So anyway, I'm looking for suggestions. I'll probably keep the v2 system as a backup (it can't be worth much used anyway) and I'd like to have a bare minimum of one transmitter and two receivers when all is said and done. Hopefully all for under about $200?

-- hide signature --

David M. Converse
Lumigraphics
http://www.lumigraphics.com

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow