Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
The Davinator
Forum ProPosts: 13,027Gear list
Like?
Re: my teaching frustration
In reply to MisterBG, 3 months ago

MisterBG wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

MisterBG wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

I print PiezographicK7 inksets on to HM Photorag 308 and HM Bamboo. Under a magnifying glass the tonal range is smooth with no dots. It appears you have much to learn about printing. I print for exhibition purposes...where you won't see a dye sub in sight.

That's all very well but isn't Piezography B & W only?

Plus you need a specific printer and very expensive inks.

Yes it is b&w. No, you dont need a specific printer. And no, the inks aren't expensive.

Hmm.
On the website I looked at it only mentioned Epson 4900, 7800, 7900, 9890, 9900 & R3000 printers, so Canon and HP users are excluded immediately.
Plus only one of those (R3000) is what I'd call a "Home" printer, and a pretty expensive one too.
Ink sets appear to be around $380 a set for 8 110ml bottles.
It also appears to me that once you have changed to this system, the printer can no longer print colour.
So all in all, I'd say it is pretty expensive, unless you need to print a large number of Black & White prints.
All very well for a lab but outside the scope of the average amateur.

I'm sure the print quality is all it's claimed to be, but quality always comes at a price.

All Epson printers worl.  I used a 7600 and currently a 3800.  That is hardly specific.

Are we talking about high quality printing, or average stuff for the home user?

No, you can clean out and convert back to color if your like.

$380 for a set of piezo ink is cheaper than current Epson Ultrachrome K3.

I'm glad you googled it all....although it was funny to see a critique from you prior to knowing anything about it or seeing the results.  Typical  on internet forums.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow