Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 9,070Gear list
Like?
A couple of RX1 shots from the Beach
3 months ago

I've had an RX1 more or less since February 2013. I liked it so much it motivated a system change from m43 and Fuji to Nikon full frame with the Df (although I almost bought the D610, which shares the RX1's 24mp sensor). So, I haven't been shooting as much with the RX1 with some cool Nikon gear on hand with a few more focal lengths. I stick to small-ish primes so it's really not that larger or heavy a setup.

But for our last night at the shore (Long Beach Island, NJ) last Thursday night, all of the Nikon gear was packed up so I grabbed the RX1 to see how the evening light was. And I instantly remembered why I love this camera so much. While I love the Nikon gear, I don't have any lenses as nice as the Zeiss gem on the RX1 and that combination of sensor and lens is simply sublime...

When the RX1 was my main camera I pretty much always shot it with the EVF and a grip and a "slider" type sling strap. Now that it's sort of a secondary "small" camera alternative, I just shoot it naked with just the lens hood to protect the lens and a wrist strap to keep from dropping it. Very different and relaxed shooting experience. Anyway, I got one shot I liked of the ocean when there was still some light, and then I walked 10 minutes down to the Bay to catch the sunset... A bit of processing on both, but that's one of the strengths of the RX1 processor - how it holds up to processing. Which I assume is largely a function of it's amazing dynamic range...

Thanks for looking...

-Ray
--------------------------------------
We judge photographers by the photographs we see. We judge cameras by the photographs we miss - Haim Zamir
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow