Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
bford
Senior MemberPosts: 1,489
Like?
Re: Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?
In reply to Mark Smith, 2 months ago

Mark Smith wrote:

bford wrote:

Now the client is fully aware of Photoshop and what can be done, those things can and are a real time sink for todays proffessional.

it''s your business, you can do whatever you want.

LOL eh no!

The reason I have a business is because I give the customers what they want!

In some cases the better business is doing otherwise.

The best business is keeping the customer happy, anything else is folly as they pay your bills.

keeping the customer happy doesn't always entail giving them what they expect. Otherwise nothing really new or better would ever come about. Apple is a good example of such thinking when it comes to their hardware.

Since the advent of digital you really need to offer the extras that most clients call for, if you don't you'll soon find those people voting with their feet

or you could have a photo business that shows beautiful examples of images that only have light retouching done to them and convince the customer that that is better.

I can tell you just about everyone is aware of what digital can do, you have your attitude 'I'll do it my way' and they'll just find someone who will offer them the opening eyes, slimming down and the other digital tools.

You've never been a working pro have you?

I think it is simply wrong that you are letting customers define the quality of your work. How far or low will you let them take you?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow