Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LJohnK2
Regular MemberPosts: 402Gear list
Like?
Oly E-510 & Nikon Flash Gun ?
5 months ago

Its been a long time since I posted here...actually posted anywhere.

I was one of the Oly users that switched after about the 2nd gen of micro 4/3rds to a Nikon system and with the exception of a brief time with an E-PL2 kit, I haven't touched an Oly DSLR in the last 5 years.

Nonetheless, DR limitations and all.... the E-510 was and still is my favorite machines certain things. I recently picked one up on ebay with just a basic kit lens for occasional use and really quite like it....but I need a flashgun.

Manual flash does not scare me, so the Viltrox and Yonguo ebay options are there, but having said that, I also have a Nikon SB-600 flash gun that recycles allot better than an Oly FL-36 and will work full manual......lots of adapters available to isolate secondary pins.....only concern is trigger voltage compatibility.

I measured the Nikon at about 3.6 volts, but can't find anything by way of voltage trigger specifications on even Oly flashguns, let alone bodies.

Wondering if anyone here has any experience (good or bad) with this combo.

Cheers;

LJohnK2

LJohnK2's gear list:LJohnK2's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W50 Olympus E-510 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow