Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
gskolenda
Contributing MemberPosts: 840Gear list
Like?
Re: First Few Shots From My RX 10
In reply to AlGor, 4 months ago

AlGor wrote:

gskolenda wrote:

Glad your happy with it, but I'm disliking mine the more I use it. The noise and the loss of detail in your second and third images is horrible. I could never live with that, Both of those shots are not even at ISO 800. That's where the 1" sensor falls down for me. Mine will be for sale soon, I have a video project to shoot, then it's gone.

So you don't like 1" in RX10, what about 1" in new RX100M3?

I do love mine RX's family (100-1 and 10).

Here is my cat in "try" for ISO 3200.

Just under bulb lights... ISO 3200.

Thank you. Al.

P.S. Agree with you in post pics are a very grainy (excepting for the first shot - for pretty low ISO), may be some wrong with PP...

I know the the RX family of cameras are very popular. I have been trying to get a real good camera that can support excellent still images, and great video features, it's hard to find, always seems to be sacrifices that are frustrating. So I'm having to re-think my mindset of ONE camera, doing both. I just don't think the 1" inch sensor produces the kind of quality, and limits image printing sizes, and cropping, especially at higher ISO settings. I'm really starting to think of FUji's cameras, I know there lens's are great. I'm also pretty sure I will get a Panasonic GH4 for video.

I don't carry a camera around for the sake of just shooting like many here do, (nothing wrong with that) I'm a project oriented Photographer/Videographer. But like many here, pretty budget conscious. Like many, always looking for the best bang for the buck!

This image is like night and day compared to the others that I mentioned in this thread.

gskolenda's gear list:gskolenda's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow