Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Miles
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,730Gear list
Like?
FZ1000 - Having read the manual and seen some samples
4 months ago

The FZ1000 will reinvent this forum. The quantum leap in FZ performance is simply staggering, especially with inclusion of such wide ranging setup options for ensuring you capture images to personal taste.

If Panasonic advertise this camera to the inclusion of representing the size DSLR gear has to be in order to equal the focal range, it will only then have to show some sample photos and video to cause a devastating blow to DSLR sales. There is no way people are going to spend and carry more for such imperceivable increases in image quality that only even happens if the DSLR/lens/skill combination is actually good enough to better the FZ1000!

The FZ1000 will appeal to many an enthusiast as the back-up camera to their DSLR kit. Only I sense that once the deal is made, said DSLR kit will begin staying at home.

Lens changing is about to elevate to a level of higher enthusiast equipment only. The FZ1000 marks the beginning of the end of lens changing for the non enthusiast willing to spend money in the singular quest for decent images from a camera. The industry has been repackaging ILC's in all sorts of guises for some time now to temp this buyer, and for those of them looking at the larger body/lens format, the FZ1000 slams an image quality/camera cost ceiling down onto the camera selection process, above which few such buyers will feel the need to venture.

The FZ1000 is totally resilient to the improvements in phone camera technology and use; the two camera sectors are mutually exclusive for the most part. The concept of camera ownership becoming the phone plus a versatile FLC like the FZ1000 is entirely plausible. Social photography plus 'special shots'. Job done. But I would go as far as to say that perhaps the FZ1000 is versatile and fast enough to tempt the non enthusiast to pick it up preferentially over the phone camera. There are after all limits to the use of the phone camera (those clip on zoom lenses - oh deary me), and I think that an FZ1000 in physical range will be picked up surprisingly often as the easiest way to the desired result. After all the camera is equipped with the type of Wi-Fi functionality that generates the convenience of automatically downloading images to a configured storage point.

This 'announcement and review' phase in the FZ1000's release is in my mind merely the bit where you sit on that rug, at the top of a quarter mile slide, and anticipate what's about to happen. We in the Panasonic forum are all there and we are just about to be pushed off.

Please keep your hands and arms inside the forum at all times. Tally Ho!

-- hide signature --

FZ50 is still great though: http://www.juzaphoto.com/recensione.php?l=en&t=panasonic_lumix_fz50 . Performace diagram here: http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/3862228415/photos/2623982/fz50-performance-range

John Miles's gear list:John Miles's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow